Bollywood actresses winter skin care secrets,
|Photo credit:- INSTAGRAM SUNNY LEONE|
How to bollywod actresses care their skin in winter,Full winter skin care guide
if your skin has been dry lately, you’re not alone. cold climate, harsh winds, and dry indoor air all conspire to suck the moisture out of skin during the winter months, leaving it dry, cracked, and scaly. “winter dryness strikes where your oil glands are weakest,” explains Janice Cox, author of natural beauty for All Seasons (Henry Holt & company, 1996). “Cheeks, arms, and legs have almost no sebaceous oil glands and are therefore drier in winter months.” And since the skin on your hands is thinner than in other places it needs more protection and care. cold climate and winds can also aggravate your skin, mainly if you’re a vata (already prone to dry skin).
To maintain your skin smooth and hydrated, follow these easy steps every day.
1. keep away from taking long hot baths or showers, or using saunas, during the winter months. hot water can rob the skin of its moisture. instead, use slight-temperature water for shorter periods of time.
(Also read:Top 5 Papaya Facial Kits Available In Indian Market)
2. If you take a bath, add a few drops of essential oil to the water to help moisturize the skin. Jasmine, chamomile, or ylang-ylang is good for pittas; neroli, lemon, or geranium is ideal for vatas; and rosemary, peppermint, or clary sage is ideal for kaphas.
3. Lubricate skin with essential oils or pure cocoa butter after showering or bathing. Cocoa butter is a herbal alternative to petroleum-based moisturizers. apply the oils or moisturizer to the skin when it’s slightly damp. That way, moisture becomes trapped in the skin rather than evaporating in the air.
4. Exfoliate dry skin with a gentle body scrub as regularly as needed. two to three times weekly should be plenty. Cox suggests grinding up one-half cup of pine nuts in a blender or food processor and mixing it with two tablespoons of light oil. Then rub the mixture all over your body in gentle round motions, and rinse off.
5. Use a humidifier to maintain moisture in your home and workplace air, or keep a bowl of water on your radiators to add moisture to the air. The higher the heat indoors, the less humidity there will be. (It’s the humidity that helps keep skin from drying out.)
6. Check the labels on your skincare products, and avoid toners and other products that contain alcohol, which can dry out the skin. opt instead for products that contain less-drying astringent ingredients such as witch hazel.
relax into a healthy Complexion
sometimes skin dryness is attributed to more than just a seasonal change. when it’s red, itchy, and irritated despite daily care, you may have a chronic skin condition. The maximum common ones—eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea—are triggered by dosha imbalances. (Eczema and psoriasis can be triggered by an imbalance of vata and pitta, while rosacea is the result of a pitta imbalance.)
And all are aggravated by stress. stress aggravates/increases vata (the dosha most prone to dry, itchy skin), thereby increasing symptoms of that imbalance. To help keep these skin situations under control, practice relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, and tai chi regularly. A study conducted by the university of Massachusetts stress reduction clinic, in Worcester, found that when added to a treatment regimen, meditation helped psoriasis clear up more fast.
no matter how nicely you take care of your skin during the winter months, if you’re not eating the proper foods your skin still won’t be soft, smooth, and healthy-looking. What you need:
Drink at the least 9 cups of hydrating fluids daily (including water). coffee, tea, and soda don’t count. (Caffeinated drinks are diuretics, meaning they can trigger the body to eliminate water.)
indulge in watery foods, such as soups—and avoid dry, crunchy, salty foods as often as possible. Dry foods may help further dehydrate the skin.
make sure you’re getting enough good fats like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for your diet (not the deep-fried, junk-food kind). these omega fatty acids are found in flaxseed oil, walnuts and walnut oil (omega-3), evening primrose oil, borage oil, and black currant oil (omega-6). also important is vitamin E (you need at least 400 IU every day). A diet that’s too low in fats—particularly those important fatty acids—will result in skin that’s lackluster, dry, and prone to chronic skin issues such as eczema.
got Dry, Itchy skin?
when your skin is dry and itchy—and in need of some relief—add some licorice tea to your bathwater, suggests Pratima Raichur, author of Absolute beauty(HarperPerennial, 1997). The licorice acts as a natural cortisone treatment. you can also add neem or comfrey decoctions (tea) to bathwater, as they can also help soothe the skin.
Tips for Lips (and Cuticles)
both the lips and cuticles can get dry and scaly during the winter months. To keep lips soft, dry brush them several times a week with a toothbrush; doing so helps exfoliate the dry skin. Then apply, as often as needed, vitamin E oil, unsalted butter, or ghee directly to the lips. For cuticles, soak them for 5 to 10 minutes every day (or several times weekly) in olive oil.
Which cream Bollywood actresses used in the winter
Winters take a toll on our skin. The maximum affected part of the body is the face. The onslaught of the winds, cold temperatures, harsh UV rays and imbalanced pH make the skin appear dull, dark and dry during winters. these are very common winter skin issues that girls struggle with. let’s discover the basics of a proper winter skin care regimen to maintain glowing skinthroughout the wintry weather season this year.
best Face creams For winter
1. Liquorice cold Cream by VLCC:
VLCC is a cosmetic brand that needs no introduction. The Liquorice cold Cream by VLCC is an absolute winter companion for dry and regular-skinned beauties. Enriched with the goodness of saffron, aloe vera, jojoba oil, olive oil, vitamin E, grape seed extracts and rose petals, this winter cream protects the skin against dryness and dullness. The herbal oils in it provide moisturization and vitamin E enhances the complexion. This winter cream steals the top slot in our list of the top 6 face creams for winters due to its added SPF 20 sun protection. This makes it a cold cream cum sunscreen that gives glow, fairness and sun protection.
2. Night treatment Cream Sandalwood And Saffron by forest essentials:
***Most of the Bollywood actresses use this cream***
The night treatment Cream Sandalwood and Saffron by forest essentials is exclusively designed as a repair mechanism that works excellent at night time. Sandalwood and Saffron, infused with effective herbs from Ayurveda, make this cold cream one of the best night creams for winter. it is a chemical-free composition this is formulated to moisturize dry and normal skin. you can flaunt your summer glow throughout the winters with this face cream in your winter cosmetic kitty.
3. Night treatment Cream Jasmine And Patchouli by forest essentials:
The Jasmine and Patchouli night time cream by forest essentials works wonders for greasy and combination skin. It tones your skin in winters without making it oily. it is also a good option for acne-prone, oily-skinned beauties. it will add moisture and glow to oily skin without breaking it out.
4. Moisturizing cold Cream by Jolen:
The non-greasy formula of this Moisturizing cold Cream by Jolen finds the brand a place in our listing of top 6 face creams for winter. This cream rebuilds your skin during the winters. it is amazing light and an expert in adding fairness, glow and sheen to the skin.
5. Pond’s Moisturizing cold Cream:
Pond’s helps you beat the heat in summers and the cold in winters. it is amazing to experience the in-depth moisturization and permanent glow added by the Pond’s Moisturizing cold Cream. It features a striking blend of soya protein, sunflower oil and skin lipids that can pamper your skin to help it attain a rosy glow during winters.
6. Nourishing cold Cream by Avon Care:
put aside your worries of dark and dull skin in winters with the Nourishing cold Cream by Avon Care. This cold cream is an all-in-one skin solution – a fairness cream, an age defense mechanism, a moisturizer and a toner.
Which face cream is your all-time favorite for winters? share with us in the comments section.